The role of the mediator is to:
Develop a complete understanding of each party's interests in a settlement.
- Facilitate a discussion between the parties to address
- Development of a co-parenting plan.
- Development of a plan to divide assets, debts, and property.
- Produce a written agreement that can be submitted either directly to the court or via legal counsel.
- When appropriate work directly with legal counsel to facilitate agreement.
Shared parental rights and responsibilities (schedules, special arrangements etc).
- Calculation of child support paid from one part to the second (where applicable).
- Holidays, vacations, school breaks, etc.
Plan for Division of Assets, Debts and Property
- Calculation of the net value of assets and debts in the marital estate (where applicable).
- Facilitate negotiation of the division of assets and debts.
- Work to balance the division of assets and debts as equitably as possible.
Produce all Settlement documents
- Draft complete or partial settlements that can be registered with the court either directly or via legal counsel.